Ms. Ha Thi Nga elected President of Vietnam Women’s Union
On the morning of May 8, 2020, a video conference of the Presidium and the Central Executive Committee of the Vietnam Women's Union (VWU) term XII were organized from Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang.
The conference was attended by Ms. Truong Thi Mai, Member of the Politburo, Secretary of the Party Central Committee (PCC), Head of the PCC’s Commission for Mass Mobilisation; Mr. Ha Ban, Member of the Party Central Committee, Deputy Head of the Central Organization Committee; Ms. Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of Ninh Binh Provincial Party Committee, former VWU President; Mr. Nguyen Van Vinh, Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of Lao Cai Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the Provincial People's Council; representatives of Party Committees, Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee; Member of Executive Committee of the Central Women's Union term XII, 2017-2022 period.
At the Conference, 100% of the Executive Committee members voted Ms. Ha Thi Nga, former Permanent Deputy Secretary of the Lao Cai Provincial Party Committee, to be VWU President for the 2017-2022 term.
Speaking at the Conference, Ms. Truong Thi Mai highly appreciated the role and significant contribution for the recent years by the VWU and the former VWU President Nguyen Thi Thu Ha in particular. She trusted Ms. Ha Thi Nga would bring into full play her role as VWU President, siding with the Central VWU Executive Committee to lead Women's Union at all levels to affirm the VWU status and perform successfully its political duties.
Ms. Truong Thi Mai speaks at the Conference
Speaking at the Conference, the newly elected VWU President Ha Thi Nga expressed her honor and respect to the duties entrusted by the Politburo and the VWU Executive Committee. She promised, "With the responsibility and affection towards the women across the country, I will make all my efforts to continuously improve my political spirit, uphold moral quality and lifestyle, learn valuable experiences of previous VWU leaders to accomplish the duty, implementing effectively VWU activities in the new situation”.
Full name: Ha Thi Nga
Date of birth: February 20, 1969
Hometown: Pieng Ve commune, Mai Chau district, Hoa Binh province
Education: Bachelor of Literature Study, Hanoi National University of Education No. 2
Bachelor of Political Studies
- Deputy Secretary of Hoa Binh Provincial Youth Union of Agencies Bloc;
- Deputy Secretary of Youth Union of the Governmental Party Committee in Lao Cai Province;
- Secretary of Lao Cai Provincial Youth Union, Member of the Standing Committee of Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union;
- Deputy to Lao Cai People's Council, Term XII and XIII;
- Deputy Head of Social and Culture Department of the Provincial People's Council; Vice-Chairwoman of Lao Cai People's Committee (2011-2016);
- Secretary of Muong Khuong District Party Committee, Lao Cai Province (2010-2015);
- From October 2015 to May 2020: Permanent Deputy Secretary of Lao Cai Provincial Party Committee (2015-2020). From November 2015 to December 2018: Principal of Lao Cai Political School.
- From May 2020: President of Vietnam Women’s Union.