Vietnam Women's Union’s 8 outstanding achievements in 2021
1. To communicate broadly on the Resolution of the 13th Party’s National Congress, e.g. introducing the Resolution through communication materials for VWU members and specialized columns on the Vietnam Women's Newspapers and VWU’s Portal. Particularly, a National Seminar “Fostering Vietnamese family values: status and solutions” was organized as a follow-up of the Party Congress.
2. To participate in comprehensive preparation for the election of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People's Councils at all levels for the 2021-2026 term. VWU carried out various activities such as communication about the election, capacity building for female candidates, and supervision of the Election Law implementation. The VWU efforts have contributed to the increased rate of female deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People's Councils at all levels, especially the very high percentage of female National Assembly deputies of 30.26%.
3. To participate proactively and creatively in the prevention and control of the Covid-19 pandemic, mobilizing a fund of USD 20.9 million for epidemic responses and helping to sell nearly 300 thousand tons of agricultural products valued over USD 6 million.
Participating in Covid-19 prevention community-based groups
Meals for frontline forces and people at quarantine areas
Program “Million affection gifts”
4. To renew the organization’s operation mode in response to the Covid-19 challenges through accelerated use of information technology and social media networks, increased online format instead of in-person one, cutting-down of activities taking place in provinces and frequent training on software and internet management for the VWU staff.
5. To successfully organize local Women's Congresses at communal, district and provincial levels for the 2021-2026 term heading to the 13th National Women’s Congress despite numerous challenges, especially the Covid-19 pandemic.
6. To advocate for gender mainstreaming in three national target programs and effectively implement many programs and projects, especially three Government-funded projects. In particular, the VWU-initiated program "Supporting women in border areas" for the period 2021 - 2025 has supported 210 difficult border communes with a total amount of USD 2.3 million.
7. To accelerate the people-to-people diplomacy including promulgation of the VWU Resolution on supporting women in international integration to 2030 and organization of prestigious international events such as Forum "Promoting the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals from a gender equality perspective", the 8th Vietnam - Korea Women's Forum "Women in a digitalized world”, Seminar "Supporting women in digital transformation amid the COVID-19 pandemic for sustainable development". VWU has also actively mobilized international donors’ support for the Vietnamese women movement.
Online exchange between VWU and Cuban Women’s Federation
LDSC supporting women and children affected by Covid-19
8. To successfully organize big events and conferences in adaptation to the pandemic context and to maximize the use of information technology for communication. Some major events include "Affectionate Tet" celebration for the poor and a series of activities on the Vietnamese Family Day, the World Day against Trafficking in Persons and National Day against Trafficking in Persons.
“For Women’s Smile” Campaign
The VWU’s efforts in 2021 leave highly positive impressions within and outside the country, contributing to Vietnam’s joint efforts in overcoming the pandemic and striving towards gender equality and sustainable development.